Meet Ed Henson
Treasure Coast Safe Sales & Moving Inc. is led by Owner Operator, Edward Henson, A Retired 20 Year NYPD Detective.
I am a retired member of the NYPD with 20 years of combined service with the New York City Housing Authority Police and the NYPD. Assigned to the Detective Bureau for 16 of the 20 years, I have conducted thousands of investigations pertaining to an assortment of criminal matters: assault, rape, robbery, identity theft, and homicide. Having earned a reputation for being an exceptional investigator I was awarded numerous citations during my law enforcement career. I retired from the NYPD in 2002 as a First Grade Detective. Prior to and after retirement from the NYPD, I worked for several years in the private retail sector as a security supervisor and investigator. It was an honor to serve over a decade on the Board of Directors as Vice President of the Long Island Shields, Inc. In 1994 I was the recipient of the “Shields Police Officer of the Month Award” and “Outstanding Member of the Year Award” in 1989-1990.
Resume of Experience
- Past Adjunct Faculty member of the Indian River State College
- Former Vice President of the Baldwin, New York Kiwanis Organization
- Kiwanis Member of the Year 2000
- Volunteer at St. Anthony’s RC Church Youth Group, Oceanside, New York
- Volunteer (12 years) at the NYS Games for the Physically Challenged
- Past Chairman of the Baldwin Girl Scouts Communion Breakfast and Annual Picnic
- Regularly appeared on the Court TV series “The System” in the 1990’s
- New York City Housing Police Department’s “Cop of the Year” 1994
- Class “C” Private Investigator License
- Class “DI” Florida Security Instructors License
- Class “W” Florida Concealed Weapons Carry License
- HR-218 Qualified (Retired Law Enforcement Firearms License)
- National Rifle Association (NRA) Certified Pistol Instructor
- National Rifle Association Certified Range Officer
Member of :
- Long Island Shields, Inc.
- Fraternal Order of Police
- National Rifle Association
- Blue Knights, MC